We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yurts or cabins in Kings Canyon that take dogs??

Which Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Phoenix, Arizona
reviews: 44
Yurts or cabins in Kings Canyon that take dogs??

Does anyone know if there are yurts, tents or cabins under $100 per night that allow dogs? I'd like electricity but primitive is ok too.

Monterey, California
reviews: 22
1. Re: Yurts or cabins in Kings Canyon that take dogs??

Not aware of any lodging in the parks that allows dogs.

Dogs must be leashed at all times in the parks and aren't allowed on trails etc anyway.

Sorry

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
reviews: 87
2. Re: Yurts or cabins in Kings Canyon that take dogs??

There are no yurts or tents in the parks at all. There are cabins (pet-free) in Kings Canyon. Your only solution is to tent camp (bring your own tent). In the National Forest, between the two parks, you can take dogs on trails - but not in the parks.

You could try calling Stoney Creek Lodge (I think it is open - it's not in the parks, it's in between the parks) and it is rustic, but not cabins or tents. It's a rustic lodge. I do not know if it allows pets.

So Cal
reviews: 64
3. Re: Yurts or cabins in Kings Canyon that take dogs??

You could also look for cabin rentals or such in Wilsonia. It's a little pocket of privately owned homes right next to Grant Grove Village. I stayed one night in a small B&B there (GGV messed up my cabin reservation and sent me there instead) - it was many years ago and I don't even remember the name of the place, let alone know if it's still in business. But since that's all private land, some allow pets (the place I stayed did).

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
reviews: 87
4. Re: Yurts or cabins in Kings Canyon that take dogs??

Good advice, Jenazz. Yep, try those areas that are little pockets of NF right near the NP sights.

5. Re: Yurts or cabins in Kings Canyon that take dogs??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, July 22, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sequoia and Kings...