We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How can I join the Tour van up the sequoias took by Mere?

Which Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
boston, ma
How can I join the Tour van up the sequoias took by Mere?

I would rather not to drive up the steep and winding road myself to get to the giant trees. Mere mentioned in GtownMed's posting that you can join a tour. could you tell me more about it? How can I book the tour? I'll drive from San Diego to Sequoia on 8/10 with my teenage daugther and planning to stay there for 3 nights. I would rather not to stay in the park due to the cost. However, I might have to. If I do stay in the park, can I find something to do after midday when arrive there on 8/10? Thanks a million.

Santa Clarita...
reviews: 4
1. Re: How can I join the Tour van up the sequoias took by Mere?

Hi!

The tour we took was with Sequoia Tours, and Paul picks up at various hotels in Three Rivers at 9 a.m. We hardly noticed the winding road going up, because Paul was VERY informative about the various climate zones, types of trees and anything and everything about the area. You do not go to the Crystal Caves on this tour.

www.sequoiatours.com

Because of health reasons, we couldn't stay at the high altitude. Others perhaps you give more information on activities.

Meredith

boston, ma
2. Re: How can I join the Tour van up the sequoias took by Mere?

Thank you so much, Meredith and everyone at this forum. I have learned a lot from you about sequoia, and I think my trip has came to shape more every time I logged onto the forum. Never plan a trip or travel alone. So, I appreciate all the advise I can get. Tj.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
reviews: 33
3. Re: How can I join the Tour van up the sequoias took by Mere?

Yes, thank! We just booked a tour the Sequoia Tours in July. Really looking forward to it!

Santa Clarita...
reviews: 4
4. Re: How can I join the Tour van up the sequoias took by Mere?

One enjoyable aspect of the tour, is that in addition to a great guide, you don't have to be concerned about looking for a parking place at some of the popular sites. The time spent at each stop was sufficient whether it be climbing up Moro Rock, walking through the Giant Forest or lunch at the beautiful Wuksachi Lodge. We also drove through the tunnel log, a fallen sequoia.

Following the tour, my husband and I drove back toward the entrance of the Park, and had a very nice dinner at the Gateway Restaurant with seating alongside the river.

Enjoy!

Meredith

Get answers to your questions about Sequoia and Kings...