We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What hotel to stay?

Which Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
boston, ma
What hotel to stay?

My daughter and I plan to visit Sequoia for 3 nights in August. I'm looking for a hotel to stay that cost about $100/night. Not sure if this is reasonable. If not, we can go up to $120/night. Looking for something not too fancy but also not too chessy. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks. Tj.

Visalia, CA
reviews: 34
1. Re: What hotel to stay?

There is a Best Western in Three Rivers. I checked on Expedia for a mid-week stay in August & it was about $77/nite + tax. There is another place called the Lazy J. Both hotels are listed as 2 1/2 stars. Three Rivers is about 10-15 minutes from the south entrance.

You could also stay in Visalia which is about 45-60 minutes from the park entrance. There are several hotels to choose from though I would go for either the Comfort Suites or the Marriott in downtown. From either of these places you could walk to dinner or a movie. The Comfort Suites is relatively new (about 2 yrs old). The Marriott is in good shape and they are currently remodeling some of the rooms.

Have fun whatever you do.

boston, ma
2. Re: What hotel to stay?

Thank you for the recommendations. Three Rivers sound good to me.

calif
reviews: 1
3. Re: What hotel to stay?

Sequoia River Dance B and B is right on the South Fork River in three rivers and we had a great experience. Last time I stayed our room was right around $100 and that includes a hearty, homemade breakfast. They have bikes for the guests and the neighborhood is really nice to walk or bike in. check it out for a nice change from a chain hotel - your daughter thank you!

mid atlantic
reviews: 1
4. Re: What hotel to stay?

There is also a Holiday Inn Express in 3-rivers. I believe it is the newest

hotel in town if that matters. We havent stayed there, we camp up in the

park itself. Have fun !!

5. Re: What hotel to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:26 am, August 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Sequoia and Kings...