We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about Mineral King

Which Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Question about Mineral King

We are staying in Three Rivers for several days/nights at the end of June. I love the look of the eastern Sierra, with the nearly white granite and high bowls.

I figure we will take a day and drive up to Mineral King. Make a whole day of it. We have three kids (7,6,3), and I know most of the trails aren't really that kid-friendly in that area (according to the books I've read).

Was wondering if there were any more relatively easy hikes or viewpoints where I can get my scenic fix in that area? Many trails that I've seen on the nps.gov website but they seem longer, but no law against hiking parts of them as opposed to going all the way.

Thanks!

Fort Collins...
reviews: 2
1. Re: Question about Mineral King

We drove to Mineral King yesterday, 6/13. It was our 4th day here and after a few days of hiking other areas we weren't up for too much. So, we just hiked up the Mosquito Lakes trail for a while enjoying the awesome beauty of this remote area. The drive really does take 90 minutes each way but we feel it is worth the effort. (The drive is also very scenic but it's difficult to relax and enjoy.)

2. Re: Question about Mineral King

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, June 16, 2014