We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Directions from Anaheim to Lodgepole Campground

Which Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
reviews: 2
Directions from Anaheim to Lodgepole Campground

We are travelling from Anaheim to Lodgepole in Sequoia National Park. It looks as if we won't be able to enter at Ash Mountain as we intended (no vehicles over 22ft). Does anyone have suggestions for another possible route and the approximate travel time?

Much appreciated!!

So Cal
reviews: 63
1. Re: Directions from Anaheim to Lodgepole Campground

The only other viable route would be to continue on the 99 to Fresno, then enter the park via the 180. You pick up the Generals Hwy to Lodgepole (rte 198) shortly after entering the park.

Hm. Perhaps one of the other other exits before Fresno would be better, as going directly to the 180 takes you a bit out of the way to the northwest. My sis pulled a trailer on that route last year - I'll check and see which way they took. (Hopefully someone else will have a better answer faster than that!)

I'm not sure how long that would take you. I used to drive to Fresno in approximately 4 hours, but that was with a lead foot in a regular car - towing a trailer over the ridge has got to add a chunk of time.

2. Re: Directions from Anaheim to Lodgepole Campground

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, June 16, 2014