We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

conditions in Sequoia

Which Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Apple Valley...
reviews: 1
conditions in Sequoia

Does anyone have any idea what the current trail conditions are like in the Giant Forest area and/or Grant Grove? The weather forecast for next week looks great and the national park service is offering free admission April 22-26 so we're thinking about heading up that way.

Monterey, California
reviews: 22
1. Re: conditions in Sequoia

Try the Lodgepole Visitor Center for current info.........

559-565-4436

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
reviews: 87
2. Re: conditions in Sequoia

I wish I did. Wuksachi would know. Any April I've been up there, the trails are still snowy (but tromped down in many places). It's been really dry, so I don't think there's been recent snow up there.

Do call Lodgepole, though. Even when the trails are snowy, they are marked (with signs on trees for cross country skiers) and we've hiked several times (sometimes up to our necks in a sudden snowdrift - not sure I recommend it entirely). But if you can find a place where snowshoers or cross country skiers and other hikes have left tracks, it's wonderful to hike while it's still snowy.

We were thinking about going up for free week, too, but I have to work. I wouldn't let the trail conditions keep me from going (guessing some trails are pretty open, especially right out of Lodgepole).

3. Re: conditions in Sequoia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, April 28, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sequoia and Kings...