We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June reservations Lodgepole ?

Which Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
reviews: 48
June reservations Lodgepole ?

When did Lodgepole become first come/ not advanced reservations? Went on line to book summer camping and it has no reservations till end of June?

Copperopolis...
1. Re: June reservations Lodgepole ?

The information I have -- after looking on www.recreation.gov -- is that *walk ins* (not able to reserve, also known as first-come, first-served) ends June 18, 2013 for Lodgepole in Sequoia National Park.

Reservable campsites are available beginning June 19, 2013. It is true that many sites are already reserved. That is because campsites at Lodgepole can be reserved as early as 6 months to-the-date. So, many sites are already reserved beginning on June 19, 2013 because they were able to be reserved on January 19, many sites are already reserved in July because they were able to be reserved in February, for August those sites are reservable in March and so on.

I just now looked for only a 1 nite availability, and there is scattered availability here and there after June 18, 2013. True, there are more reservable sites available in August than there are in late June, or in July.

So, to get a true picture of ALL available sites, key in for ONE DAY, and ANY TYPE OF SITE. This will then give you a *2-Week* moving window to scroll through looking for what sites are available. The point being -- key in

ONE DAY, not multiple days in a row, and ANY TYPE OF SITE, to get the grand overall availability picture. (Did I say that clear?)

Hope this information helps you.

Edited: 12:05 am, March 11, 2013
Copperopolis...
2. Re: June reservations Lodgepole ?

< Oopsie . . . guess I have trouble counting from six months forewards! >

CORRECTION: Reservable campground sites at Lodgepole beginning June 19, 2013 were able to be booked on December 19, 2012 six months to-the-date.

July sites were able to be booked in January six months to-the-date, August sites in February and so on . . .

Edited: 1:23 am, March 11, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
3. Re: June reservations Lodgepole ?

Thank you not a fan. I realize how reservations work as we camp at Lodgepole. I guess I wasn't clear. spots at Lodgepole have in the passed been reservable year round. Now it seems that it is first come up until late June. I was just wondering if anyone know when and why this change has occured.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
4. Re: June reservations Lodgepole ?

Ok I called and got my questions answered. Yes the reservation policies have changed over the last year or so. Where as the entire camp ground at Lodgepole used to be reserveable, now it is only 2 loops. The rest of the spots are first come until June 19.

5. Re: June reservations Lodgepole ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 13, 2014