We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RV accessibility in late April

Which Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, United...
RV accessibility in late April

Hi all

My wife and I are planning on visiting Sequoia in late April this year. We were thinking of renting an RV but are a little worried that if we do we won't be able to access (without a very long walk) some of the more picturesque parts as we've seen vehicle length restrictions on some roads. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks very much

Nick

Monterey, California
reviews: 22
1. Re: RV accessibility in late April

You also have to take in to consideration that there might be a lot of snow still and some roads won't even be open. You won't know till then..............

Bristol, United...
2. Re: RV accessibility in late April

Thanks. If most of the roads are open, are they accessible to RVs though?

Monterey, California
reviews: 22
3. Re: RV accessibility in late April

http://www.nps.gov/seki/index.htm

Sequoia National...
4. Re: RV accessibility in late April

April is such a difficult month to predict what conditions in the parks will be like. It could be wet and muddy, sunny and mild, or we could still be buried in snow. There's just no way to know what to expect until we get closer. If April is the only time you can make the trip I would suggest renting an SUV with 4 wheel drive just in case. Otherwise if you've got your heart set on the RV then maybe wait until late May or early June.

5. Re: RV accessibility in late April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 09, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sequoia and Kings...