We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks

Which Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Warwickshire
reviews: 14
Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks

Hi all

I'm planning a trip to California in June. The main attraction for us will be Yosemite, but we would like to see the sequoia's whilst we are in the neighbourhood.

We only have 10 days holiday and expect to spend maybe 4 days in Yosemite. How many days do I need for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks?

Thanks

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
reviews: 373
1. Re: Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks

We visted Sequoia and Kings Canyon along with Yosemite this past June. We spent three nights in Wuksachi which gave us time to explore many of the highlights. If are want to see the big trees, the Grant Grove and Giant Forest provide great access.

You can also see sequoias in Yosemite. There are a few groves of the big trees, with the Mariposa Grove being a popular place to visit with nice hiking trails.

Here's the link to the trip report that I wrote on your adventures in Sequoia, Kings Canyon, Yosemite and San Francisco; perhaps it will be of use to you:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28926-i29-k565195…

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 75
2. Re: Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks

>> I'm planning my trip for last week in May/first week June <<

I would suggest that you visit quiet Sequoia Kings Canyon (SEKI) first, especially if you'll be in California over the Memorial Day holiday weekend. Then go to Yosemite when it is more likely that Tioga Road is open.