We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which would you choose Sequioa park or Kings canyon

Which Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tallahassee Florida
reviews: 13
Which would you choose Sequioa park or Kings canyon

I would like to spend 2 nights in either of these park for hiking.Lodging would be Wuksachi lodge or Cedar groove lodge

Which would you choose?Or would you go 1 night for each we will continue to Yosemite High Sierra after that.

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
reviews: 43
11. Re: Which would you choose Sequioa park or Kings canyon

I don't think the phone queue is nearly as bad as Phantom Ranch. Not as many people have heard about it (although now I've given it away!) and not as many people are interested in going there. It doesn't have the mystique that Phantom at the bottom of the Grand Canyon has.

I don't know about that "66" notification system on land lines. I think I would be more comfortable using "redial" if I got a busy signal. But I didn't---I just keyed in the number on my cell and hit"send" the second the time changed to 7:00.

With 2 nights there you could do the dayhike to Hamilton Lake, farther along the High Sierra Trail. this was really nice. There is a crossing of hamilton Creek that we could have done better with water shoes or keen sandals or something. It is righ tabove a waterfall so you don't want to slip!

Here is a trail description:

nps.gov/seki/…high-sierra-trail.htm

We actually did not start at Creacent meadow; we parked at another trailhead and came over a ridge on a side trail, I think the Alta trail. It is more work (an extra 100 feet of elevation gain and loss) but much more scenic than that first part of the High Sierra trail coming out of Crescent Meadow.

Las Vegas
reviews: 67
12. Re: Which would you choose Sequioa park or Kings canyon

I agree. Grant Grove is the perfect place to stay. There are also some B&Bs 10-15 minutes to the west.

Mission Viejo, CA
reviews: 12
13. Re: Which would you choose Sequioa park or Kings canyon

Hi

I am biased on this one, but If you have to choose and you have never visited either park, then stay in Seuoia Park. I go up there every year. King's Canyon is beautiful, but more for remote treks, etc. In Sequoia, you will find several wonderful and unique areas all within a few miles of Wuksachi. You won't be disappointed. Make sure to hit Morro Rock, Crescent Meadows and some of the other popular trails!

Edited: 2:21 am, December 15, 2012
14. Re: Which would you choose Sequioa park or Kings canyon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 am, December 18, 2013