We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sequoia visit in a day

Which Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
La Mesa, California
sequoia visit in a day

I have 1 day to visit a part of Sequoia starting at Visalia/ 198. Any suggestions?

San Diego...
reviews: 29
1. Re: sequoia visit in a day

If you want to bypass Los Angeles, take Interstate 15 north from San Diego, to Interstate 210 west, through Pasadena, then take Interstate 5 north to Highway 99 north to Visalia.

Alternatively, you can take Interstate 15 north through the Cajon Pass and then Highway 138 north through Palmdale, then Highway 58 west through Tehachapi, then 99 north to Visalia.

With only one day, you won't have time for any really long hikes. You can visit the Giant Forest area of Sequoia National Park and see the General Sherman tree, and take a stroll along one of the trails there such as the Congress Loop. You could also do the Crescent Meadow loop, and if you have a lot of energy, climb the 400 steps up on Moro Rock for the view.

I wouldn't try to do a whole lot more with just one day, I think it's better to go slow and enjoy it more rather than rush around trying to see too many things and not really enjoy your time.

For descriptions of some of the trails see kevingong.com/Hiking/SequoiaKingsHikes.html

2. Re: sequoia visit in a day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 am, December 16, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Sequoia and Kings...