We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wich is better on winter, Sequoia NP or Yosemite?

Which Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mexicali, Mexico
Wich is better on winter, Sequoia NP or Yosemite?

I'm planning to travel with a friend on winter (late december) to Sequoia National Park, we will be traveling from Calexico, CA on Dec. 26th to Dec 30th, but I have my doubts about choosing Sequoia NP or Yosemite specially because on winter all the activities and landscapes change a lot? can somebody help me choosing about it?

I read this: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g143050-i904-k3516…

but I guess it's only a valid answer when traveling on summer :B

thanks in advance.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 59
1. Re: Wich is better on winter, Sequoia NP or Yosemite?

Both are good choices for the prepared traveler. I think Yosemite offers more, but I'm biased toward that National Park.

Pop over to the Yosemite forum page and read the Top Questions (upper right) Trip Reports from winter and the winter driving tips. Then post a question there.

Yosemite: tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g61000-i315

San Francisco...
reviews: 109
2. Re: Wich is better on winter, Sequoia NP or Yosemite?

Will you be driving your own vehicles? And will you have tire chains? That might impact your decision.

Mexicali, Mexico
3. Re: Wich is better on winter, Sequoia NP or Yosemite?

Yes I will be driving my own vehicle and I have tire chains, I'm thinking we'll go to Sequoia for this winter, and save Yosemite for another spring in the future, as far as I see, Yosemite is an awesome place but friendlier on warmer weathers, I guess :P

Santa Barbara...
reviews: 1
4. Re: Wich is better on winter, Sequoia NP or Yosemite?

Yosemite is friendlier in colder weather, too.

Lewiston, California
reviews: 63
5. Re: Wich is better on winter, Sequoia NP or Yosemite?

While King's Canyon/ Sequoia are my favorite national parks in the Winter I'd choose Yosemite. The Canyon of King Canyons name will be closed in all likelihood plus the high elevation makes for impassable hiking trails in most of the Sequoia/Kings.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 341
6. Re: Wich is better on winter, Sequoia NP or Yosemite?

Yosemite by far. It is amazing in the winter.

7. Re: Wich is better on winter, Sequoia NP or Yosemite?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 25, 2013