We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lifetime Dream to See Sequoias vs Lifelong Fear of Spiders

Which Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Versailles...
reviews: 2
Lifetime Dream to See Sequoias vs Lifelong Fear of Spiders

Hello everyone!

I need your help. I have wanted to see the giant trees my entire life and am now finally in a position where I can plan the looong road trip from Kentucky to finally see them. I have been so excited until reading one sentence in a travel guide that referenced "softball sized spiders" on the roads and in the area. I'm not a hiker and don't intend on doing a lot of trail walking. But I at least want to be able to get out of my car! However, I am basically an arachnophobe (small spiders not that big of a deal out in the wild--giant tarantula type spiders are a whole other ball game.) As of last night, I declared that there was NO way I could go and am devastated. Any advice? Is this something that is really prevalent or is this a deep woods, random spotting situation? Desperately trying to find some hope to cling to that I can still see these most incredible trees.

Thank you so much in advance!

Gretchen

Las Vegas
reviews: 67
11. Re: Lifetime Dream to See Sequoias vs Lifelong Fear of Spiders

Don't worry about the spiders. I don't ever remember seeing any. Certainly, don't pass on this amazing place because of spiders.

12. Re: Lifetime Dream to See Sequoias vs Lifelong Fear of Spiders

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 16, 2013