We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report- sort of long

Which Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northern Illinois
reviews: 73
Trip Report- sort of long

I thought I would give a little feedback to return the help I received: We arrived in Fresno (Chicago to LA to Fresno) at 9:00 pm on a Sunday night. We checked into the Hilton Gardens in Clovis which was located near the airport. Our room was clean and the staff was helpful. We quickly went over to Applebee's for dinner. After a quiet night sleeping, we got up early the next morning and headed to Sequoia. We stopped on the way at Von's to get lunch supplies and we were then on our way! It was a beautiful sunny day and we enjoyed the drive immensely. On the way in, we stopped and took the Big Stump hike. The stumps were amazing and sad to see. We had reservations for a non bathroom cabin in Grants Grove. We checked in and our cabin was available, so we dropped off our stuff and got ready to see what there was to see.

Our first stop was the General Grant tree. We hiked all around looking at the beautiful sequoias. Then we got back n the car and headed towards Moro Rock. We hiked some more to the General Sherman tree and saw the Auto Log and the Tunnel Log. We started to run out of time as we had dinner reservations at the Wuksachi so unfortunately, we couldn't climb Moro Rock. But the dinner made up for it. We had a wonderful meal at the Wuksachi. I had linguine and my husband had pork chops and both meals were good. We both had tomato basil soup with goat cheese too and that was really, really good!

The next day, we took off for Cedar Grove. But before we went, we hiked Panorama trail. Gorgeous and we were almost alone on the trail. The canyon was great. We did the Roaring Falls hike and the Meadow hike and again, it was almost empty. We couldn't go to Muir Rock as the park people were blasting rocks. We came back to our cabin by way of Hume Lake where we got milkshakes (yummy!). Dinner was at Grant Grove and was just okay.

The next morning we got up and picked up coffees and went back to Panorama and watched the sun rise over the mountains. We were the only people there. SeKI is a beautiful place! We were sad to leave it but excited to continue on our trip to Yosemite. Thanks to everyone for their advice.

Sequoia National...
1. Re: Trip Report- sort of long

Thanks for the report! Sounds like you had an amazing trip :)

reviews: 716
2. Re: Trip Report- sort of long

Sounds awesome! Thanks for the report back. :)

3. Re: Trip Report- sort of long

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 17, 2013