We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sequoia & kC in early October

Which Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northern Illinois
reviews: 107
Sequoia & kC in early October

We are planning 3 nights in Yosemite and 2 in Sequoia/KC. in early October. Would the cabins be too cold at that time of the year? I see that they have a heater but does it make it warm enough to sleep comfortably. My other question is able the length of stay. Are two nights enough or too much? We like doing short (<3 mi) hikes and sightseeing. Oh and back to lodging, am I correct in thinking that it is better, time wise, to stay in the park? Thanks so much!

Sequoia National...
1. Re: Sequoia & kC in early October

I'm assuming by cabins you mean the Grant Grove Cabins? I've never stayed in them personally so can't say for sure one way or the other, but during the month of October our average overnight low is 38 degrees, so definitely bring some warm clothes for the evenings.

I always say you could easily spend a week in the parks, but two nights is generally enough time to see the major points of interest. It takes roughly 45 minutes from either park entrance to reach Giant Forest, so many people do prefer to stay inside the park rather than making the commute each way.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
reviews: 87
2. Re: Sequoia & kC in early October

Oh, yes, do stay in the park. Three nights would be great, as if you are in the cabins, you'll have to drive back over to Sequoia to see the sights there (which I highly recommend doing).

Try to do the Crescent/Log Meadow Loop.

It's our favorite time of year to visit.

3. Re: Sequoia & kC in early October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 26, 2013