We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in this area, need help please!

Which Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lubbock, Texas
reviews: 48
First time in this area, need help please!

We will be driving from Wawona Lodge in Yosemite (next June), planning to stay 3 nights at Grant Grove Village. Would it be better to stay in 2 different locations to tour these two parks, or can we easily tour both areas from GG Village cabins? We won't be doing any hiking, just seeing the sites from the car and any short walks as needed. Also, can you direct me to where I can find a good detailed map of the two parks, showing areas of interest as well as where the lodging is located? The maps I've found are not detailed enough to help me at all, to figure out a plan for our itenerary in the parks. Thanks!

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
reviews: 22
1. Re: First time in this area, need help please!

Here's the Parks road map:

nps.gov/seki/…SEKImap3_DrivingMap-2.pdf

You need to click on the + sign to enlarge it.

GG Village is a central location for exploring both parks.

There's more info here:

www.nps.gov/seki/planyourvisit/brochures.htm

2. Re: First time in this area, need help please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, August 21, 2013