We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

Which Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Walpole...
Where to stay

Planning our trip for next August. We will be coming in from Fresno ( after flying from Boston) and will have 3 nights before leaving for Yosemite. Is there one hotel that's in the middle of both parks? I have three kids (10, 8,4). I was thinking of the Wuksachi for one night and then the Jon Muir. Does that even make sense? How long of a drive to Yosemite from both of these locations?

San Diego...
reviews: 29
11. Re: Where to stay

If you want a laugh, go to this review of Kings Canyon Lodge (the one that starts "atmosfera" and click the Google Translation and read it. I think it sums up that place nicely. tripadvisor.com/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

Edited: 12:51 am, July 28, 2012
new jersey
reviews: 46
12. Re: Where to stay

Just returned from a two-week stay (SanFran/Sequoia/KingsCanyon/Yosemite/Lake Tahoe). Four couples stayed at John Muir Lodge for three nights before heading to Yosemite. The lodge is very comfortable and there are various services located right there (visitor's center/restaurant/snack bar/gift shop/post office/convenience store). We found the location to be just right as we were arriving from the Cambria area the night before. Rooms are basic and clean. There is a very nice sitting room/game room with free wi-fi available as well as beautiful porches at the end of each floor. We ended up enjoying pizza and beer on the porch one night for dinner. Setting is beautiful - if you'd like a "forest" view instead of a "parking lot" view, try to get an even-numbered room.

13. Re: Where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 04, 2013