We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from Palm Desert to Sequoia

Which Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, England
reviews: 30
Travelling from Palm Desert to Sequoia

How long should I allow for this trip, intending to stay at Montecito Lodge? Is it feasible to stay at Montecito and see both Sequoia and Kings Canyon? Or is it advisable to stay in different places?

Las Vegas, Nevada
reviews: 48
1. Re: Travelling from Palm Desert to Sequoia

"How long should I allow for this trip," do you mean how long will driving time be? 6 hours iif traffic is good traffic. Or do you mean how many days in the park? Min of 3.

Yes you can easily stay at Montecito and see both parks.

London, England
reviews: 30
2. Re: Travelling from Palm Desert to Sequoia

Thanks. I meant driving. I assume the road to take is the the one through Bakersfield? Or is there a way in from the 395?

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 42
3. Re: Travelling from Palm Desert to Sequoia

From Palm Desert take shortest way to I10,. not via 111 and Palm Springs. That's timeconsuming.

No there's no way in from 395. Drive via Bakersfield. There are roadwotks from Three Rivers on 198 but maybe they are gone when you are visiting.

Tet

4. Re: Travelling from Palm Desert to Sequoia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, July 09, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Sequoia and Kings...