We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip planning help!!

Which Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miami
reviews: 1
Trip planning help!!

First time visitors and we need planning help!! We are spending one day in Yosemite and then wanted to see the General Sherman tree and then head to the coast. My question is, is it worth the extra time/driving to see the tree or would our day be better spent simply leaving Yosemite and heading to the coast and having some extra daytime to enjoy Cambria? We will be heading up the coast to Carmel/Monterey the next two days.

So Plan A: Leave Yosemite, drive to General Sherman and then drive to Cambria.

Plan B: Leave Yosemite and go straight to Cambria.

Thank you so much in advance!!

Miami
11. Re: Trip planning help!!

Thanks for the restaurant advice. I'm googling Ragged Point now!

Miami
12. Re: Trip planning help!!

Ok, would this be feasible? Leave Yosemite after lunch and go to Sequoia. Stay in the park, explore the park in the morning and then head to Cambria in the afternoon?

Parsippany, New...
reviews: 7
13. Re: Trip planning help!!

I think that's do-able... If it were me, I'd arrive in King's Canyon and see the grove there on day 1. Overnight and do Sequoia the next morning (make sure you drive through tunnel log). Provided you are there to see big trees and not do long hikes, I think you'd be fine with 24 hours in the park and it's definitely better to see some of the park than to have to skip it. I really think you'll love SEKI...so much different than the scenery you are used to. Have a GREAT time!

14. Re: Trip planning help!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, August 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Sequoia and Kings...