We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

route 395

Which Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
route 395

why does nobody use 395 to kings canyon or yosemite or is there no entrance that way

Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 348
1. Re: route 395

Excuse me? Have you looked at a map? There is no road going from 395 west into Kings Canyon/Sequoia, just to trailheads (e.g., Whitney Portal, South Lake). LOTS of people go from 395 to Yosemite over Tioga Pass, and there are currently several posts about that on this site.

Edited: 8:13 am, June 27, 2012
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 56
2. Re: route 395

Here is a map showing the roads to Sequoia NP and to Yosemite NP.

nps.gov/seki/planyourvisit/upload/region.pdf

Monterey, California
reviews: 22
3. Re: route 395

http://www.scenic395.com/

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 42
4. Re: route 395

And Tioga pass always is closed in winter...

Los Angeles...
5. Re: route 395

well excuse me I did look at a map and I did see no roads but I thought there might be roads uncharted

Los Angeles...
6. Re: route 395

well excuse me I did look at map and did not see any roads just asked maybe there were roads uncharted

Los Angeles...
reviews: 20
7. Re: route 395

Actually there are little forest roads that I didn't even know about until a poster came by earlier and asked about them. I wouldn't do it though, no cell phone service, just too risky.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 42
8. Re: route 395

No roads uncherted, just tracks.

9. Re: route 395

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:45 am, July 01, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Sequoia and Kings...