We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2.5 week itinerary - could use some advice please

Which Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maynooth, Ireland
reviews: 8
2.5 week itinerary - could use some advice please

We've (my husband and I) worked out a rough itinerary for our trip to Northern California in September. We have a good idea of the first part but need a little help.

Sept 8th - arrive in SFO. Spend 3 nights in a hotel in SF

Sept 11th - pick up small campervan and travel to wine areas of Sonoma/Napa. Spend probably a couple of nights camping, possibly in Bothe-Napa Valley SP

Sept 13th - travel to Lake Tahoe - spend 2 nights (undecided which campground or area)

Sept 15th - Travel to Yosemite - spend 2 nights (possibly Tuolumne Meadows)

Sept 17th - not sure - maybe Kings Canyon - what would be the best route and place to stop after Yosemite?

Sept 18th - Santa Barbara?

Want to travel up the coast then - flying out of SFO on Sept 25th. Would like to spend time along Big Sure & Monterey but not sure how to split it. We love the outdoors, good food, and some lazing around too :)

San Diego...
reviews: 29
1. Re: 2.5 week itinerary - could use some advice please

I would repost this thread in the general California forum as that would be a better forum for planning your overall route and general itinerary. tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g28926-i29-Califor…

On your question of route from Yosemite to Kings Canyon, you would go south on California Highway 41 from Yosemite to Fresno, then east on California Highway 180 to Kings Canyon National Park. About 3.5 to 4 hours of driving time from Yosemite Valley to the entrance gate of Kings Canyon National Park.

2. Re: 2.5 week itinerary - could use some advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:45 pm, June 27, 2013