We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions/ideas for Sequoia trip this August

Which Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wayne, PA.
reviews: 21
Suggestions/ideas for Sequoia trip this August

Hello, I am planning a sort-of last minute trip from here in PA to Sequoia NP and would appreciate any suggestions:

It's just me: I plan to hike and photograph.

Will be fine with a bed and a shower: lodging doesn't have to be too fancy.

I am flexible because I'm traveling solo...would like to be close or in the park if possible...also, any thoughts on visiting Yosemite while I'm there? I plan to be in the area for a week or longer if necessary...will fly into Fresno...

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Gus

Sequoia National...
1. Re: Suggestions/ideas for Sequoia trip this August

Yosemite is close enough to Sequoia that in my opinion it would be worth the trip, especially if you've never been there before. If you're traveling during the summer then Yosemite will most likely be a bit crowded compared to Sequoia, but you're only looking at about 4 hours of driving time to get from one park to the other.

Here are some things not to miss in Sequoia:

-Climb Moro Rock

-Hike the trail around Crescent Meadow and see Tharp's Log

-See the General Sherman tree and hike the Congress Trail (starts at the base of the tree)

-Tour Crystal Cave

-Take a trip up to Kings Canyon and drive down to Cedar Grove

I always say there's enough to see/do in Sequoia to keep you occupied for a week or longer - particularly if your emphasis is on hiking and photography - but these would be good items to start with.

Wayne, PA.
reviews: 21
2. Re: Suggestions/ideas for Sequoia trip this August

Thank you very much! Any lodging suggestions?

Las Vegas, Nevada
reviews: 48
3. Re: Suggestions/ideas for Sequoia trip this August

Good suggestions so far. I suggest you hike Big Baldy in Sequoia NP and Mist Falls in Kings Canyon.

4. Re: Suggestions/ideas for Sequoia trip this August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, June 27, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Sequoia and Kings...