We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sequoia/Kings Canyon no reservation Saturday July 14-16

Which Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Millbrae, California
Sequoia/Kings Canyon no reservation Saturday July 14-16

Hi,

I'm planning on going to sequoia/kings canyon with a group of about 10-12. I tried making reservations, but there are none available. What is the likelihood of us getting 1 or 2 campsites (tents) if we go on Saturday July 14?

Las Vegas, Nevada
reviews: 48
1. Re: Sequoia/Kings Canyon no reservation Saturday July 14-16

You will have a better chance the earlier you arrive. There will be people lining up at Lodgepole as early as 7am. I suggest you try Dorst over Lodgepole if that is the area you want to be in. Also know that for some reason this season the reservation on line system seems off. I tried to book our favorite site on line months ago, but it said reserved. Well when we got to the park the info for the spot on line was incorrect. It was not reserved the entire week like the web had said.

There are many campsites in the National Forest that people do not always know about. The ones at Princess and Hume Lake are very nice.

fs.fed.us/r5/…campgrounds.html

2. Re: Sequoia/Kings Canyon no reservation Saturday July 14-16

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:40 am, June 23, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Sequoia and Kings...