We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ticks

Which Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
ticks

My adults kids want to take me camping at Stoneycreek campground.

I was excited until I read the guidebook that warns of ticks and lyme disease! Are ticks a valid concern? I am freaked out and seriously considering backing out of this trip.

Sequoia National...
11. Re: ticks

Also for what it's worth, ticks tend to be more of a problem in the foothills than in the upper elevations where the main parts of the park are located. I've worked in Sequoia for over 7 years and to this day have never heard of someone getting Lyme disease up here. As long as you take the proper precautions (as others have said, wear long pants, use bug spray, and check yourself just to make sure) and stick to the main areas of the park I don't think you'll have any problems.

12. Re: ticks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:47 pm, June 27, 2013