We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in San Diego with teenagers?

Which Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
boston, ma
What to do in San Diego with teenagers?

We have decided to fly into San Diego to get to Sequoia. Could someone tell me what we can do, and how many days we should plan staying in San Diego? I have two teenagers and hope to do things that everyone enjoy. Thanks.

California
reviews: 12
1. Re: What to do in San Diego with teenagers?

Your message is not very clear. San Diego to Sequoia is like 6 hours of driving. Are you including this trip in your visit to San Diego?

boston, ma
2. Re: What to do in San Diego with teenagers?

Yes, we plan to drive 6 hours from San Diego to Sequoia. We have planned to spend 3 days in Sequoia but do not know how many days we need in San Diego.

California
reviews: 12
3. Re: What to do in San Diego with teenagers?

So your post is really looking for ideas for San Diego rather than sequoia? Just trying to provide the info you are looking for.

California
4. Re: What to do in San Diego with teenagers?

In San Diego: Coronado beach is great. Sea World is great, and a little day trip to mexico is fun for kids.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 57
5. Re: What to do in San Diego with teenagers?

There are many active things to do. Go to La Jolla shores Beach and take surf lessons with surf divas www.surfdivas.com or rent sea kayaks and go on a guided tour of the shore. Rent bikes or skates and use the cement path in Mission Bay Park or along the beach at Pacific Beach. Watch the hang gliders take off from the Torrey Pines Gliderport. If you dare go along for a tandem ride. Take an easy hike(walk) at Torrey Pines State Park-great views. Walk at La Jolla Cove and go tide pooling and see the harbor seals who have taken over one of the coves.Visit the USS Midway docked in the harbor. You could spend 3-5 days depending on your interests.

boston, ma
6. Re: What to do in San Diego with teenagers?

Thank you all for the suggestions. My daughter wil love to try them out. Tj.