We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking Sequoia/Kings Canyon---Best in 2 days

Which Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Charlotte, North...
reviews: 14
Hiking Sequoia/Kings Canyon---Best in 2 days

I will be in Sequoia/Kings Canyon for 1 1/2 days as part of a 9-day trip in California/Utah/Arizona in late May this summer. I always like to spend most of my time hiking trails, but I realize I won't be able to do any long hikes in that amount of time, especially since it's my first time to the park. I have done some research, but I would like to here some of your opinions. I actually have 3 days, but the first day will only be the afternoon, and the third day will only be the morning. If you've done some of these hikes, or have other opinions, please let me know. I'd especially like to know what you think would be the best hiking itinerary for my two 1/2 days and my full day.

Kings Canyon

1. Zumwalt Meadows

2. Cedar Grove Overlook

3. General Grant Tree

4. Buena Vista Peak

5. Boole Tree

Sequoia

1. Little Baldy

2. Tokopah Falls

3. Congress Trail

4. Crescent Meadow

Sunnyvale...
Destination Expert
for San Jose
reviews: 95
11. Re: Hiking Sequoia/Kings Canyon---Best in 2 days

Oops. I screwed up. both Tulare and Visalia hit the parks from the south not the north. You might even consider staying in Three Rivers if you're coming from this direction. Moro Rock will work for both sunrise and sunset now.

As you enter the park from Three Rivers, you'll pass the turn-off for Mineral King. The visitor center comes up fairly quickly so does Hospital Rock. And then you drive up and up and up, climbing 3000+' almost all at once on some steep switchbacks. Moro Rock is right at the top of that.

12. Re: Hiking Sequoia/Kings Canyon---Best in 2 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, August 26, 2009