Couple planning a trip to CA in mid-June for approximately 1 week. Mainly to see the giant Sequoia trees.
The plan is to fly-in to the San Franciso area, get transport into the city, stay a night or two, do a bus tour.
Then, rent a car and drive out to Sequoia National park/ monument/ Kings canyon.
Decided on Sequois Nat park/Kings canyon because reviews have made it sound nicer and less crowded than Yosemite.
I'm getting the impression that its a huge area! I had originally planned to stay in one place in the park but it seems that we should travel through, staying in different areas.
So, looking for itinerary suggestions.
1. Where to stay in San Franciso- under $200?
2. Good bus tours for San Fran
3. Should we travel through the Sequoi park, staying at different lodging? Where? Cabins/cottages are our first choice, rustic lodging or reasonably priced motels if necessay but not actual camping
4. Suggestions for "must sees" in the area? We are healthy but not athletes and I was affected by the altitude at the Grand Canyon, so mild/moderate hikes
5. And while we're at it- suggestions to avoid/stay safe from bears!