We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lodging downtown Estes park

Baton Rouge...
lodging downtown Estes park

Are there any hotels in downtown estes park? We are driving to GTNP & YNP in the beginning of June. We will stay 2 nights in Estes Pk. I booked us as the Saddle & Surrey but now my husband says he wants to be in downtown so we can all walk around and do what we want. It is myself,DH, DD & DS in their 20's.

I also know that the shuttle does not run until July. Please help. Looking for something to sleep all 4 & on a slight budget due to traveling for two weeks.

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
reviews: 98
1. Re: lodging downtown Estes park

Early June is before peak season in Estes Park. You will have no problem finding plenty of free parking in downtown particularly during the week. Plus, most of the best restaurants are not along the stretch of Elkhorn Avenue considered downtown. Estes Park is not that large and many lodging places are close to downtown and close to RMNP. Saddle and Surrey is a little further out on highway 7. Closer to town are Discovery Lodge, Murphy's River Lodge, Silver Moon Inn, Rocky Mountain Park Inn and Haber Motel. Check reviews by entering the names in the search box in the upper right.

Baton Rouge...
2. Re: lodging downtown Estes park

Should I book the trip a week later on the way home from YNP? Maybe the snow will be melted by then

Estes Park, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Rocky Mountain National Park, Estes Park
reviews: 6
3. Re: lodging downtown Estes park

We will not have snow in town in June. There will be snow in the higher elevations of RMNP though if you want a snow fix.

You could look at Silver Moon Inn, Murphy's River Lodge or The Lofts of Estes for some downtown lodging options. I know the Lofts are pretty much right in the center although walking from Silver Moon and Murphy's will be pretty easy, too.

Although, as fv points out, you should be able to find plenty of parking downtown at that time if you decide to stay at Saddle & Surrey or another lodging option just outside of the immediate downtown area.

Brunswick
reviews: 1
4. Re: lodging downtown Estes park

We were in Estes June 18th-22nd 2012...shuttles were running, snow was melted, weather was great, no crowds!

5. Re: lodging downtown Estes park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, March 29, 2014