We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

It's fall, y'all . . . here's a nice video from Estes Park

Estes Park, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Rocky Mountain National Park, Estes Park
reviews: 6
It's fall, y'all . . . here's a nice video from Estes Park

A recently posted video from your friends in Estes Park:

www.youtube.com/watch…

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
reviews: 93
1. Re: It's fall, y'all . . . here's a nice video from Estes Park

Rky, have you noticed in the years you have lived here how much more popular Estes and RMNP are in late August, September and that first week of October than they used to be? We used to love the last week of August before Labor Day and the week right after Labor Day because the hiking trails and park in general had something of a lull. The last couple of years in particular, this has not been the case. Of course, it is not like mid-June to mid-August. Maybe the CVB is doing their job all too well. I am sure TA has nothing to do with it. :) or :(

Knoxville, Tennessee
reviews: 1
2. Re: It's fall, y'all . . . here's a nice video from Estes Park

Nice video. Don't let the leaves turn too soon. I won't be there until the 16th! :)

Estes Park, Colorado
Destination Expert
3. Re: It's fall, y'all . . . here's a nice video from Estes Park

fv1989: Definitely!!! From my years in the lodging industry here in Estes Park (which I am not a part of at the moment, btw), we have witnessed a huge uptick in visitors into the middle of October. On the other end of 'the season', there are also a lot more people coming to Estes in March and April, too.

With that said, you are also right on target about how different it can be mid-July to mid-August compared to, say, now. There has been an obvious drop off in the number of people in town this past week or two - especially mid-week.

On my hike this past Tuesday to Lawn Lake, me & a friend were loving the fact that we had all of that beautiful scenery around the lake to ourselves. While eating our sandwiches on the bank admiring the surrounding tall peaks and all the other natural beauty, there was not another person in sight.

The same friend went over TRR to Grand Lake on Sunday and was complaining about the number of cars on the road.

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 106
4. Re: It's fall, y'all . . . here's a nice video from Estes Park

Nice!

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 196
5. Re: It's fall, y'all . . . here's a nice video from Estes Park

we always travel in the fall. I hate heat and crowds, so.... Sept and Oct are "win-win" for me :) My favorite time in RMNP is the end of Sept. Husband and I both love photography, so... golden aspens and elk all over the place combine to make it the best time for us.

Estes Park, Colorado
Destination Expert
6. Re: It's fall, y'all . . . here's a nice video from Estes Park

I agree, wings . . . best time in Estes for me is late Sept. to mid Oct. Just a wonderful time of year!

Austin, Texas
reviews: 1
7. Re: It's fall, y'all . . . here's a nice video from Estes Park

Well I wont make the fall season but I just booked my next trip to Estes Park for December 17th! As a Texan all my life, I always wanted to experience Christmas time in a place like Colorado with snow, mountains and a REAL winter, so this should be a special treat. I have never been to Colorado during anytime except winter but I would really like to visit Estes in the spring for fall one year. That video just got me that much more excited to travel back to Estes!

8. Re: It's fall, y'all . . . here's a nice video from Estes Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 03, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Rocky Mountain...