We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Olympical National Park Vacation then to Vancouver

Which Olympic National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis...
Olympical National Park Vacation then to Vancouver

We will be in Seatle for a wedding this summer and hope to make it over to ONP for 4 days then up to Vancouver for a couple more. I've been looking at some things to do in ONP and find Ruby beach, Hurricane ridge,Riolto beach, Hoh rain forest and the Olympica national forest

all places I want to visit. If there are others that are better I'd love to know about them. My husband and I are in our 40s and have two boys ages 12 and 13. We love the outdoor hiking (easy to moderate) and site seeing. Any thoughts on an itinerary? We'll be renting a car. I haven't thought much about Vancouver so any tips would be appreciated. Also, tips on where to stay along the way throughout ONP is helpful. Clearly I need help.... thanks.

12 replies to this topic
st louis
reviews: 23
11. Re: Olympical National Park Vacation then to Vancouver

We rode the COHO ferry Sept 11 2013. It was a smooth ride. We just went over to Victoria for the day from Port Angeles. Have a great time If you go to Canada don't forget your passports. Try to time a beach visit with low tide so you can see the tide pools. .

Edited: 2:09 pm, February 06, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 42
12. Re: Olympical National Park Vacation then to Vancouver

The journey from Victoria to Vancouver takes about 4 hrs, including wait time at the ferry. It's about 30 min. drive from downtown Victoria to Swartz Bay ferry terminal. It's about 90 minutes throughout the Gulf Islands and across Georgia Straight to the Tsawwassen terminal. It's then about 45 minutes to drive into Vancouver from there.

Reply to: Olympical National Park Vacation then to Vancouver
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Olympic National Park