We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mt. Rainier vs Glacier for wildflowers

Italy
Mt. Rainier vs Glacier for wildflowers

We are planning a trip to Glacier but after seeing pictures of spectacular wildflowers in Mt Rainier National Park I wonder if it makes sense to stop there on the way to Glacier or we can see the same flowers in Glacier NP? Our trip will be in the middle of August.

What are the best places/trails for wildflowers both in Mt Rainier and Glacier?

Thank you

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
reviews: 45
1. Re: Mt. Rainier vs Glacier for wildflowers

Re: Mt. RNP and wildflowers, did you see this post on the same page?

Also, I'd post on the Montana TA Forum with your question about wildflowers at GNP; their flower season might vary from that on Mt. RNP.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g143044-i3163-k537…

You don't provide an itinerary, so hard to say which park would be your best bet for your before/after exploring. Lots of distance between the two. Can we help guide your decisions?

Edited: 9:42 am, February 24, 2013
Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
reviews: 45
2. Re: Mt. Rainier vs Glacier for wildflowers

This article from the official GNP website might help you to decide.

nps.gov/glac/naturescience/wildflowers.htm

And this posting for GNP...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g143026-i1168-k340…

Seattle, Wa
reviews: 24
3. Re: Mt. Rainier vs Glacier for wildflowers

Rainier is known for the better flowers. But, it can vary a bit year to year as to when/where. Keep an eye on the website and twitter feed--both will have very specific information about what is blooming and where. Alternately, when you visit a visitor center at the park, they can give you this same info, and make sure you are on the trails that have the most blooming flowers that week.

http://www.nps.gov/mora/index.htm

4. Re: Mt. Rainier vs Glacier for wildflowers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Mount Rainier National...