We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from Donner pass to Lassen

geolforall
from Donner pass to Lassen

I am travelling to Lake Tahoe and want to go see the Donner pass, then on to Lassen. What is the most scenic route?

Lassen National...
reviews: 11
1. Re: from Donner pass to Lassen

I'd take hwy 89 out of Truckee toward Sierraville. Then onto Graeagle. Hwy 49/89. Hwy 70 to Quincy. And don't miss the turn back onto hwy 89 toward Lake Almanor. Then hwy 36 at the T to Lassen. You'll have an awesome view of Lassen along Lake Almanor's west shore. Adding a few miles, you can pass the turn to Graeagle and continue on hwy 49. Then take the Gold Lakes hwy to Graeagle. There are some awesome views of the Sierra Buttes. Coming through Quincy stay in the left lane when it becomes one way in old town. Loop back around to see the town.

geolforall
2. Re: from Donner pass to Lassen

Thank you. Am I going to have to worry about snow? I am from the south and we don't know how to drive in snow!

Lassen National...
3. Re: from Donner pass to Lassen

What time of year is your trip?

Lassen National...
4. Re: from Donner pass to Lassen

Okay, assuming you wouldn't be driving around Donner Pass, Tahoe, and Lassen in the snow, no there won't be snow. We start getting snow fall in November usually. It melts off & is usually just an inch or two. Around this time it can also be icy, which is much more dangerous than snow.

5. Re: from Donner pass to Lassen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, December 13, 2013