We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lassen national park- one day trip

Lassen national park- one day trip

We plan to visit lassen national park for a day. We are not sure which are the must see spots there. We are not looking for trails which are straneous and more than 2garlic miles. May be suggestions ll help is plan our trip better.

1. Re: Lassen national park- one day trip

More than 2 miles**

Lassen National...
reviews: 11
2. Re: Lassen national park- one day trip

Can you tell me where you'll be coming from & heading to after?

Red Bluff...
reviews: 26
3. Re: Lassen national park- one day trip

I often make a one-day drive through LVNP and here is my itinerary. I usually start from the north entrance (explained below) and stop at the Devastated Area just to sit and gasp in awe for awhile. I either eat lunch there (which I have brought with me) or at King's meadow. I often stop for a hike to King's Creek Falls (about a mile each way) or Bumpass Hell (1.8 miles each way) then stop at the south-end Visitor's Center for a soft-serve ice cream cone before heading back down to the valley.

There are several places along the route with scary roadways along the edge of the cliff which I find very unpleasant to drive. Starting from the north end minimizes those spots because I am driving on the cliff side rather than on the edge side.

indiana
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park
reviews: 75
4. Re: Lassen national park- one day trip

I second Bumpass Hell. On our trip last fall that was one of our favorite trails.

Orange, California
reviews: 3
5. Re: Lassen national park- one day trip

One of the main points to visit Lassen is to see sulfur works and the volcanic formations. I highly suggest that you visit Bumpass Hell. The hike should take you no more than 2 hours even if you go really slow. It is truly amazing. Without doing the more difficult trails, you'll be missing out on many amazing things like brokeoff mountain. I'd stop at Manzanita lake and look around. Driving through the park by itself is an amazing experience.

6. Re: Lassen national park- one day trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 26, 2013