We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kenai Fjords Tours - Reservations Necessary?

State College...
reviews: 6
Kenai Fjords Tours - Reservations Necessary?

We will be in Seward for two and a half days in June...one day there is no cruise ship scheduled in port. Is it likely we could just walk up and get a boat tour of Kenai Fjords without a reservation?

Minneapolis MN
reviews: 4
1. Re: Kenai Fjords Tours - Reservations Necessary?

I dont have an answer to your specfic question. However I do have some advice.

If you plan on taking the Northwestern Tour with them, go and order the Northern Lights coupon book. You'll save $50/per person. The book costs $50 so you save $50 right off the bat.

You probably want to call Kenai Fjords people first to make sure they have space with the coupon. You dont need the book in hand to make reservations.

Fairbanks, Alaska
reviews: 28
2. Re: Kenai Fjords Tours - Reservations Necessary?

“Is it likely we could just walk up and get a boat tour of Kenai Fjords”

Book everything you can in advance in this state. Today they might have room but it only takes one cruise ship, tour bus, or other tour group to fill things up.

Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
reviews: 44
3. Re: Kenai Fjords Tours - Reservations Necessary?

Most likely won't have any problems with last minute esp not on a non-cruise ship day. But if you know what day.. why wait? and more importantly if you were to use a coupon then book ahead as they only allow so many per day.

West Palm Beach...
reviews: 31
4. Re: Kenai Fjords Tours - Reservations Necessary?

I wasn't sure when I would get to Seward so I could not book a tour ahead of time last July. Kenai Fjords was full when I called the night before I wanted to go. I booked a tour with Major Marine who took the Kenai Fjords coupon I had from Toursaver. I had a great time with them. If you have solid plans, book ahead, but you might be able to book something if your plans are sketchy.

Issaquah, Washington
reviews: 10
5. Re: Kenai Fjords Tours - Reservations Necessary?

I recommend that you make a reservation for the first day, so if you get bad weather you've still got another day to try for. I've only made it out of the Bay once in 3 attempts so having a backup day is a good idea. The one time we made it out was spectacular ! A wonderful trip!

BTW, if it's a windy day and the office says there's a chance the boat won't get all the way out, it probably won't. Take the refund and try again. Otherwise you get stuck on the Resurrection Bay cruise which we found quite boring. That was my experience anyway. carol

6. Re: Kenai Fjords Tours - Reservations Necessary?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 29, 2012