We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fly-fishing experiences at Brooks Camp?

Kalix, Sweden
reviews: 33
Fly-fishing experiences at Brooks Camp?

I notice that there already is a topic about fishing on the top right page, but I couldn`t find the answers to my questions there yet...so I started this new thread and hope it`s alright (?)...and hope that someone can help out?

If we get a campsite reservation for Brooks Camp/Katmai NP for July 2014, my husband really hopes to also try fly-fishing during our stay (which he loves here at home). Questions:

1. Can we rent fishing equipment: a fly-fishing rod, reel and fishing flies at Brooks Camp? If yes, what are the rates for this?

2. How is fly-fishing at Brooks Camp organized - do we walk around on our own with our rod or do we need a guide? If a guide, can we book one on arrival at the camp - or in advance? Rates?

3. Where exactly do we go fly-fishing, in the nearby river or lake, or both?

Is there a fee for fly-fishing?

4. Do we need a permit or license or is anything else needed to allow us to go fly-fishing, where and when do we purchase this? Rates?

5. Is there anywhere we can find more infos to read about this on the internet - fly-fishing at Brooks Camp?

6. Does anyone have fly-fishing experiences from Brooks Camp and can tell me a little bit about how it was? Did you catch anything?

Looking forward to hear your advice and experiences!

Thanks in advance, Annika

1. Re: Fly-fishing experiences at Brooks Camp?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 pm, October 21, 2014