I notice that there already is a topic about fishing on the top right page, but I couldn`t find the answers to my questions there yet...so I started this new thread and hope it`s alright (?)...and hope that someone can help out?
If we get a campsite reservation for Brooks Camp/Katmai NP for July 2014, my husband really hopes to also try fly-fishing during our stay (which he loves here at home). Questions:
1. Can we rent fishing equipment: a fly-fishing rod, reel and fishing flies at Brooks Camp? If yes, what are the rates for this?
2. How is fly-fishing at Brooks Camp organized - do we walk around on our own with our rod or do we need a guide? If a guide, can we book one on arrival at the camp - or in advance? Rates?
3. Where exactly do we go fly-fishing, in the nearby river or lake, or both?
Is there a fee for fly-fishing?
4. Do we need a permit or license or is anything else needed to allow us to go fly-fishing, where and when do we purchase this? Rates?
5. Is there anywhere we can find more infos to read about this on the internet - fly-fishing at Brooks Camp?
6. Does anyone have fly-fishing experiences from Brooks Camp and can tell me a little bit about how it was? Did you catch anything?
Looking forward to hear your advice and experiences!
Thanks in advance, Annika