We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking in Townsend

alabama
reviews: 22
Walking in Townsend

I am going to be staying in Townsend in a couple of weeks, and would like to get a little exercise is. Is it safe to walk alone on the bike path through town?

Atlanta
1. Re: Walking in Townsend

yes

East Tennessee
reviews: 156
2. Re: Walking in Townsend

Concur.

Louisville, Kentucky
Destination Expert
for Great Smoky Mountains National Park
reviews: 78
3. Re: Walking in Townsend

Yes, its very safe and you'll be exposed the entire time.

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
reviews: 24
4. Re: Walking in Townsend

I can't speak for the "bike path" as I've never been on it, but if you're just talking in general about being safe walking in Townsend,yes you'll be safe. Walking thru the main drag in town is all sidewalked and very little areas where dangers can be lurking in hiding. Enjoy your vacation and your walks.

Ray

Tullahoma, Tennessee
reviews: 84
5. Re: Walking in Townsend

The only danger in Townsend is tripping over your feet while looking at the scenery! You are very close to the park and I hope you will do some of your walking there so you will not always hearing traffic noise. By "exposed all the way" I hope the meaning is that you will be constantly in view of the cars on the main road!!

Maryville, Tennessee
reviews: 1
6. Re: Walking in Townsend

Very safe!!!

Buford, Georgia
reviews: 21
7. Re: Walking in Townsend

We were pretty impressed with the Greenway there in Townsend. My wife & I are runners and needed to keep up our training while on vacation. The path ran right in front of our hotel so we just left our room and hopped on the path. It goes a long way too - much longer than I wanted to run in the heat last week!

8. Re: Walking in Townsend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, June 07, 2014