We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

recommendation needed

Which Grand Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
reviews: 2
recommendation needed

Will be in GCNP on 7/4 and have a flight out of Phoenix on 7/5 at 1025 am. I need to leave sometime on 7/4 from the park to get to a hotel closer to the airport or an hour out.(I was thinking of leaving around 5-6pm) Any recommendations? How are the highways from GCNP to the airport and what is the speed limit? For a hotel for a family of four along the way or town, please give me your thoughts? Goal is to be about 1 hour or less from the airport.

I wanted to break out the trip so I can stay as long as possible in gcnp but do not feel like doing the 234 miles from the park to the aiport real late in the night.

Thank you !!! Bill

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 144
1. Re: recommendation needed

You'll want to stay on the north side of PHX maybe around Anthem or Deer Valley. Keep in mind though that in the morning you'll be facing the congestion of morning rush hour traffic as you head to Sky Harbor.

NJ
reviews: 2
2. Re: recommendation needed

Thanks....How long would it take to get there at that time of day? Thanks!

Also, will ask in the Sedona area, but looking for some real good cowboy steak places and southwestern/mexican style restaurants too.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 144
3. Re: recommendation needed

Best eateries for you in Sedona would be Cowboy Club and Elote Cafe

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
reviews: 60
4. Re: recommendation needed

If you drive all the way to North Phoenix, there would no reason not to continue to a hotel nearer the airport. GCNP is about 4 hours from Phoenix. North Phoenix would be about 3.5 hours. About an hour from the airport is nothing there. I don't know how you would combine finding a cowboy steak restaurant as well in the amount of time that you have. You certainly won't have time to detour to Sedona unless you want to stay there, get up early and drive from there the morning of your flight.

5. Re: recommendation needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 07, 2014