We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Circle Itinerary

Which Grand Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Grand Circle Itinerary

Taking driving tour around the circle in Mid to Late July.

July 17th - Leaving Anahiem CA early morning to go to Grand Canyon South Rim - Two nights in Maswik Lodge.

July 19th - Leave GC Desert View to Meteor Crater/Petrified Forest then to stay in Farmington NM

July 20th - Driving to Page. Stops at Four Corners and Monument Valley, posible Dam tour when in Page.

July 21st - Raft/Slot Canyon combo tour with Raft the Canyon.

July 22nd - Drive to North Rim stop and hike to Horseshoe bend. Staying in a pioneer cablin.

July 23rd - Drive to Bryce Canyon possibly drive to Escalante. Staying in Tropic.

July 24th - Drive and view Zion. Staying in Springdale

July 25th - Drive to Hoover Dam then to Las Vegase. Staying two nights in Vegas.

Thoughts on anything I should change? Is this doable? Lodgings are all booked. Do I need to add anything else? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 42
1. Re: Grand Circle Itinerary

Hi

7/17: It's 8-9 hours between Anaheim and Grand Canyon depending on stops. No time to see some of R66.

7/19: Farmington will be out of your way. If you want to do this try to stay in Chinle for Canyon de Chelly

7/20: Not sure I would want to make a detour for 4Corners but it's you trip. Take the scenic route via Buffalo pass and Shiprock to 4Corners and take a side trip to Monument Valley. Monument Valley is best at sunset and sunris though but I woulod not recommend to drive to Page in the dark.

7/21: Great day with the raft and the visit to Secret Canyon but you are missing Antelope Upper and Lower Canyon.

7/22: Horshoe bend in south of Page. Don''t forget to stop at Jacob Lake Inn for cookies. They are delicious.

2 nights for Zion are recommended. Between Zion and Las Vegas you''ll find Valley of Fire SP. Not sure if you want to visit Hoover Dam after visiting Glen Canyon Dam in Page. You are going to make a great trip!

Tet

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 134
2. Re: Grand Circle Itinerary

Great advice from Tet.

I agree that Farmington is a huge detour with little reward. Go to Chinle instead and allow time for Canyon de Chelly. Forget about 4 Corners. That's a huge waste of time. Monument Valley is worthy of an overnight stay and at least a 3-4 hour back country guided tour. Then move on to Page.

For Bryce I advise staying closer to the park. Access for night viewing is easily as impressive as daylight IMO. Commuting from Tropic means that probably won't happen.

3. Re: Grand Circle Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 22, 2014