We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top rated Resort/ Hotel with great pool/waterslides for kids

Which Grand Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
reviews: 1
Top rated Resort/ Hotel with great pool/waterslides for kids

We are going in late November, early December and looking for suggestions on a great place to stay that is very close to Canyon and has a great pool for kids. I think I read somewhere the North Rim is closed this time of year? So I guess we need the South Rim area.

Thank you

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 119
1. Re: Top rated Resort/ Hotel with great pool/waterslides for kids

The Grand Canyon is not about swimming pools. None of the park hotels have pools at all. The Grand and the Holiday Inn in Tusayan, outside the park, have pools, but I would expect them to be closed in November. It's winter up there.

I suggest that you read the Top Questions on the right hand side of this page and get a feel for what the Grand Canyon NP is.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
reviews: 28
2. Re: Top rated Resort/ Hotel with great pool/waterslides for kids

Closest for those things in places warm enough to swim in the winter would be either Phoenix/Scottsdale or Las Vegas. Both are too far for day trips to the GCNP. Book some time AT the GCNP either inside the park lodges or in Tusayan and if pools are a top priority choose one of the two destination resort towns i mention for the rest of your visit.

Paris, France
3. Re: Top rated Resort/ Hotel with great pool/waterslides for kids

Even Phoenix will probably be a bit too chilly for water slides. One thing we like to do that time of year is warm up in a hot tub and every few minutes take a plunge in the pool to cool off.

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
reviews: 42
4. Re: Top rated Resort/ Hotel with great pool/waterslides for kids

Hi there, Neighbor to the North,

If you want a pool/ resort experience you should consider coming in April ( Spring Break) rather than winter. Spend a couple of nights at Scottsdale or Pheonix for warm weather and spool, and then head to the Grand Canyon for 2 nights to enjoy the natural beauty, but without a pool. The South Rim is at 7000 feet, so even though it is far south of us, the temperatures are similar (but much drier). Late November/ December can mean snow. Even in April we have seen a bit of snowfall at the rim, but we have had many warm sunny days there as well. Phoenix is at a much lower elevation so much warmer.

Vancouver
reviews: 1
5. Re: Top rated Resort/ Hotel with great pool/waterslides for kids

Thank you so much

Mesa, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tempe
reviews: 74
6. Re: Top rated Resort/ Hotel with great pool/waterslides for kids

FYI - Both Holiday Inn Express and the Grand Hotel have indoor pools. Both are basic indoor hotel pools and as far as I know are open year round.

Edited: 5:29 pm, November 18, 2012
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 119
7. Re: Top rated Resort/ Hotel with great pool/waterslides for kids

Thanks MR. I wasn't sure about that. But they certainly aren't "top rated resorts" as the OP seemed to be searching for.

8. Re: Top rated Resort/ Hotel with great pool/waterslides for kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, December 16, 2013