We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Papillion, Scenic or Maverick plane flight tour?Can't decide

Which Grand Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Queensland
reviews: 59
Papillion, Scenic or Maverick plane flight tour?Can't decide

All 3 of these companies seem to have good reviews for the plane flight tour to the south rim and then 2 hours on the bus.

Papillion has a special at the moment that has to booked by November 30th.

Does anyone consider any of these companies to be superior to the other?

Im very tempted by the Papillion deal although I have a feeling that i read somewhere about someone getting slugged with fuel charges that weren't disclosed at time of booking.

Definitely a case of information overload.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 119
1. Re: Papillion, Scenic or Maverick plane flight tour?Can't decide

All of the tours are virtually the same. You fly to the GC Airport. Then you board a coach and spend two hours in the park at two viewpoints. Difference in prices typically indicate style and quality of the aircraft. Special offers like the one you're contemplating happen at slower times of the year. It's probably a legitimate discount. Read the fine print before you pull the trigger.

Fuel add ons can happen, but I wouldn't expect it right now. And if one company does it, so will the others.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
reviews: 58
2. Re: Papillion, Scenic or Maverick plane flight tour?Can't decide

Papillon is rated to be fine. Scenic and Papillon are the same company. Maverick is OK, too. Ask about the fuel charge. Most companies charge them.

This will take a full day of your time. Te best way to see GCNP is to drive yourself there and stay overnight if possible.

Brisbane, Queensland
reviews: 59
3. Re: Papillion, Scenic or Maverick plane flight tour?Can't decide

Thank you for your reply. I wish we had more time to stay there and do it properly. Hopefully we will come again.

4. Re: Papillion, Scenic or Maverick plane flight tour?Can't decide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, December 16, 2013