We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Canyon vacation

Which Grand Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alabama
reviews: 3
Grand Canyon vacation

Will be flying into PHX driving to Sedona for 2 nights, GC for 2 nights, Page for 1 night , St. George, UT(staying with friends) and then to Vegas for 2 nights before returning home. Never been before, does this sound like a god plan? Do I need 2 nights in Sedona and GC Park? TIA

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 131
1. Re: Grand Canyon vacation

2 nights at Sedona is a bare minimum. You'll probably leave, wishing you had given it more time. 2 nights at GCNP is good, but often you can have a full experience with a single night.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
reviews: 8
2. Re: Grand Canyon vacation

Maybe take away one GC night and add in Zion. Its on the way to St George from Page.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 42
3. Re: Grand Canyon vacation

Another option is to spend a night in Bryce after Page and visit Zion on the way to St. George. What time of year are you coming? Or skip a night in Las Vegas. St. George to Las Vegas only is 2 hours and you'll gain one hour for timedifference

Alabama
reviews: 3
4. Re: Grand Canyon vacation

Thanks to all. We will be coming 2nd week of Sep. Anyone familar with the Desert Quail Inn in Sedona? Can you recommend a nather hotel $100-$150 a night?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 131
5. Re: Grand Canyon vacation

Desert Quail is nice in that rate range. Check out Sky Ranch Lodge and Matterhorn.

Bolingbrook...
Destination Expert
for New Mexico, Albuquerque, Santa Fe
reviews: 132
6. Re: Grand Canyon vacation

Am currently in the middle of a 4 night stay at Sky Ranch Lodge and can definitely recommend.

The rooms are older in decor but are very clean and comfortable. They have a variety of room options. I'm staying in the most inexpensive at $90.

Located up on Airport Mesa. Beautifully landscaped grounds. Nice pool and outdoor jacuzzi spa. Private area for lodge guests to view sunset, which I just did this evening (MUCH better than the public area nearby).

When I return to Sedona, this is where I plan to stay.

Keith

7. Re: Grand Canyon vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, December 16, 2013