We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single-day rafting options at the GC?

Which Grand Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 15
Single-day rafting options at the GC?

My husband and I (from Australia) are staying at the El Tovar hotel in the GC in August 2006 for a few nights, and would like to spend a single-day doing some rafting in the Grand Canyon (don't have enough time to do an overnight or longer rafting tour). Can anyone suggest a good single-day rafting option? Thanks in advance for help!

Providence, RI
reviews: 4
1. Re: Single-day rafting options at the GC?

When I researched a one day trip I was told the only option was a smooth water trip where they bus you to Page, AZ and you travel down the River for 4 or 4 1/2 hrs, then bused back to the Canyon. I will be taking this option in June. You can book this through Xanterra.

Phoenix, AZ
reviews: 1
2. Re: Single-day rafting options at the GC?

The only other 1 day option is from the Hualapai Tribe in the Western portion of the canyon.

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 15
3. Re: Single-day rafting options at the GC?

Thanks for the replies. TravelBuddy - I couldn't find this on Xanterra. Can you point me in the diection of the right part of the site? Thanks so much.

Providence, RI
reviews: 4
4. Re: Single-day rafting options at the GC?

I just went on the web site and had a hard time finding the one day trip, too. When I reserved my room, they sent me a brochure via email for the various trips. You could call them at 888-297-2757 and request a brochure with the information. There is an email address in the brochure of

reserve-gcsr@xanterra.com. Good luck and let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Phoenix, AZ
reviews: 1
5. Re: Single-day rafting options at the GC?

smooth water river trip is offered by www.riveradventures.com Wilderness River Adventures. There website is hard to navigate. Just call them and tell them you want the 1-day trip.

Evanston, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Page, Grand Canyon National Park
reviews: 94
6. Re: Single-day rafting options at the GC?

Another fun trip that incorporates the river trip is the Canyon River Adventure offered by Grand Canyon Airlines. You start at 6:30 AM with a scenic flight from Grand Canyon National Park Airport(which is just after sunrise - gorgeous), which lands at the Page/Lake Powell Municipal Airport. There you have a break and a light breakfast (included in the cost of the tour). After breakfast you then take a safari-style vehicle to Antelope Canyon, which is a very famous slot canyon. After about an hour there, you then board a motorcoach and go down to the base of the Glen Canyon Dam and begin the float trip. You get to see some petroglyphs on a little "side hike," and they serve a picnic lunch right on the river bank. The river trip ends at Lees Ferry, where a motorcoach collects you and drives you back to the South Rim Airport. All put together about a 12-hour day, $299/person, which includes the 2 meals.