We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Canyon Lodge question

Which Grand Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
reviews: 83
Grand Canyon Lodge question

We are off in a week and we are staying in a Frontier cabin on the North Rim for 2 days. Are there any cabins that have a good view that I should ask for when I check in?

Thanks.

Phoenix, Arizona
reviews: 1
1. Re: Grand Canyon Lodge question

Hello,

Hope this reaches you in time. I just searched around in my foot locker where I keep most memorabilia from past trips for a detailed map of the North Rim's cabin layout...but I can't seem to find it.

I can tell you there are a few Western cabins that are literally on the rim outside the door, but can't give you the cabin numbers. My father and I stayed in a Western cabin #344 and that was a nice place...not on the rim though.

I don't believe any of the Frontier cabins are on the rim...all are close, mind you, but I assume you meant a couple steps...which they aren't. I will be in a Frontier cabin in Aug. Tried to get a Western cabin, but none were available.

You can inquire about the few Western cabins that have rim views, but I'll bet they sell out fast. Otherwise, your views are mainly pine forest...still an amazing place to visit. Hope you enjoy it!

JaymesinAZ@aol.com

Minneapolis...
reviews: 83
2. Re: Grand Canyon Lodge question

Thanks. I am planning on calling 2 days before and seeing if there are any cancellations on the Western cabins. That is what we wanted, but they were all taken when we booked.

We leave tomorrow, can't wait!