We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far in advance to book at Lake McDonald Lodge and the...

Chicago
reviews: 17
How far in advance to book at Lake McDonald Lodge and the...

I mean the one by the Amtrak station. We are planning to go in August 2007 and not sure when we should book the hotels.

Thanks

Mary

Williams, Arizona
1. Re: How far in advance to book at Lake McDonald Lodge and the...

It depends on when you are going because they do get huge groups that go there and of course the holiday season. Lake Mc Donald is lovely. I also assume you are talking about the East Glacier Lodge on the other one? Those are the only 2 stops I am aware of. I'd book at the end of this season or the very begining in April or May of 07.

Chicago
2. Re: How far in advance to book at Lake McDonald Lodge and the...

Yes those are the two hotels, thanks, I plan to book as soon as I am able to get my Amtrak reservation which I think is 11 months in advance which would be Sept, the end of this season.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
reviews: 67
3. Re: How far in advance to book at Lake McDonald Lodge and the...

I would book those reservations as soon as you know the dates. I think the concessionier can book pretty far in advance, since I booked my reservations for July 2005 back in spring of 2004.

Both these lodges are absolutely beautiful, particularly Glacier Lodge on the east side.