We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yankee Freedom III

Savage, Minnesota
reviews: 44
Yankee Freedom III

I see on the website that they have "fresh water rinse" available. Is it in a private bathroom or just on deck or something else? I can not find any pictures. Do you need to be rinsed off before the boat leaves or can you do it on the trip back? Is it pretty easy to get rinsed off and dry clothes on? I will be traveling with my parents, husband, a 5 year old girl, and 3 year old boy in March of 2014.

Is the lunch service over before the boat leaves to return to Key West or can you eat a late lunch to maximize time on the island? Is it possible to bring snacks & water bottles for the return trip or do you need to purchase them on the boat?

Thanks for helping me to decide if this will be worth it.

Lynchburg, Virginia
reviews: 84
1. Re: Yankee Freedom III

Lunch is served on the boat. You can wait to eat, but the longer you wait, the smaller the "selection" will be. Yes, you CAN bring along your own snacks, But remember that whatever you bring, you've got to carry and keep track of (there aren't lockers or anything). I don't remember if lunch is cleaned up before departure or not - we were in KW during the sequester, so didn't get to take the trip this year.

As for the "fresh water rinse" it is on the rear deck of the boat. Not private. YF III is a bit roomier than YF II was, but it is still a boat, so space is limited. There IS a small building on the dock with stalls to change in.

2. Re: Yankee Freedom III

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, November 22, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Dry Tortugas National...