We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shuttle

Which Denali National Park and Preserve hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario Canada
reviews: 17
shuttle

We have a reservation to camp at Tek for three nights in early September.

I was reading about the Tek pass and wonder if it would be just as good as the shuttle as it's specifically designed for going further into the park and it's cheaper at 33.50 pp. The one drawback is that if you want to take a shuttle back toward the entrance, it seems you have to pay to get back to your campsite. If you book the Wonderlake Shuttle, does that allow access to all other shuttles as well?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 25
1. Re: shuttle

TEK pass is one of the main benefits & value of camping at TEK so yes, that is the way to go.

The drawback of access back to the main entrance is by virtue of your camping at TEK. Yes, if you take a shuttle out to the main entrance, you would need to buy another shuttle pass back into the park and FYI, if you were to go out to the entrance later in the day, there may not be another shuttle into the park late enough for you to go back to your camp that day.

With the TEK pass, you would only be able to reserve/book one of your trips in (beyond MM29). Yes you will have access to any other shuttles whether or not they go as far as Wonder Lake . . . or if you are only interested in going a shorter distance (say to Toklat or Eielson).

MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
reviews: 24
2. Re: shuttle

I agree totally with Von. Tek Pass is great. You get a reserved seat on a shuttle one day when you book the Tek Pass. All other shuttles are "space available" but it is usually quite easy to get on a bus, especially with just 1-2 people. When I arrived in Denali June 8th with 8 others, I went through a big spiel at Eielson about what to do if we had to split up to get back to Wonder Lake after our day hiking. Well, both days we were in the park, we had no issues getting back to Wonder Lake all on the same bus - all 9 of us. So it was much easier than expected.

3. Re: shuttle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 20, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Denali National Park...