We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary for north loop comparison

Which Denali National Park and Preserve hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saratoga
reviews: 3
Itinerary for north loop comparison

How do you comment or compare these 2 sets of itinerary? The difference between the 2 options are whether going up to Denali first or going Seward first. I believe the total distance of driving is the same, only the weather or the feeling might be different, option 2 separates the big cruise from Kenai boat tour. So we might be able to refresh the feeling in seeing glacier again after visiting denali.

Option 1:

8/5/06: 12:40AM: arriving Whittier from a cruise: get off cruise around 7AM. Whittier -> Seward: Kenai tour & exit glacier, overnight at Seward

8/6/06: Seward to ANC thru Girdwood, overnight at ANC

8/7/06: ANC to Healy. Overnight at Healy

8/8/06: inside Denali park, overnight at Healy

8/9/06: explore entrance area of the park, scenaric rafting, overnight at Healy

8/10/06: Healy -> ANC fly back

Option 2:

8/5/06: 12:40AM: arriving Whittier from a cruise: get off cruise around 7AM. Whittier -> Healy thru ANC. Overnight at Healy.

8/6/06: inside Denali park, overnight at Healy

8/7/06: explore entrance area of the park, scenaric rafting, overnight at Healy

8/8/06: Healy -> ANC explore ANC for a few hours

8/9/06: ANC to Seward thru Girdwood, Kenai tour & exit glacier, overnight at Seward

8/10/06: Seward to ANC thru Girdwood, fly back

Saratoga
reviews: 3
1. Re: Itinerary for north loop comparison

I think I got the answer myself regarding which option takes longer route. I think option 1 will drive less. Whether should be not much difference for only 2 days apart.

Alaska
Destination Expert
for Alaska
reviews: 5
2. Re: Itinerary for north loop comparison

Yup, #1.

If you don't have reservations in advance, first head north or south depending upon the current weather!

Get answers to your questions about Denali National Park...