I am posting this in Death Valley & Las Vegas forum. Please help me planning the best itinerary for this trip.
Here is my trip information-
I need some advice on my thanksgiving trip in and around Vegas. 4 of us friends are landing in Vegas on Thursday morning. I will be the one making solo trips around. My friends are going to stay in Vegas and enjoy. I have been to Vegas earlier.
28, guy, Indian, working in IT, staying in US since 2011, this will be first solo road trip
Past Travel History:
Landing Vegas from Houston Thursday morning 8:15.
Leaving Vegas for Houston Monday morning 1:30.
Road trips, driving, building Gaming PC
Should be reasonable for solo travel. No fancy stays.
Now, places I have considered visiting (Adjustable) on this trip:
2. Along highway 395 - Lone Pine ,Mount Whitney (Portal road drive), Alabama Hills Convict Lake, Mono Lake, Manzaner, Bodie
3. ET Highway
4. Zion NP
Not able to decide between:
1. Should I make this loop? LV - DVNP - Lone Pine - Bishop - Tonopah - Rachel - LV
I can start from Vegas around 9AM on Thursday and cover Death Valley during day time and reach Lone Pine by night. Then, continue along 395 on Friday morning, reach Tonopah by night for stay. Then, cruise along ET highway to Vegas on Saturday covering Valley of fire state park. Then on Sunday, do a day trip to Zion NP.
Should i make short trips from Vegas?
Thursday : LV - DVNP - LV
Friday : LV - ET Highway - Valley of Fire park - LV
Saturday : LV - Zion NP - LV
Sunday - In Vegas
Other things to consider:
- No snow driving experience.
- Will I encounter snow around that time?
- What should I carry as solo traveler ?
- Should I visit ghost town alone ? (if going there)
- Main aim is to drive on scenic routes. Some photo ops.
How would you plan out if you had to do this solo trip?
Open to all suggestions. Will be glad to hear your replies. Thanks!!