We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation

Mumbai (Bombay...
reviews: 24
Accomodation

Good place to stay closest to Death Valley for 1 night.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Death Valley Junction, Death Valley National Park
reviews: 42
1. Re: Accomodation

If you want to visit Death Valley and enjoy the park, the best place to stay is IN the park. There are three resort complexes to choose from: Panamint Springs, Stovepipe Wells Village, and Furnace Creek Inn and Ranch (two resorts a short distance apart).

Which one is best depends on where you are coming from, where you are going after Death Valley, the time of year, what kind of amenities you like, and the kind of group you are traveling with (couple, family with kids, ages of the kids?). Until we have more specific info about you, it's hard to make a suggestion.

Staying "near" Death Valley will mean a 40-minute ride (at least) to the major sights in the park. The nearest towns are not very near at all, and staying in any town will not give you an authentic park experience. You won't get the "full package"--the natural landscapes, wildlife viewing, the opportunity to take a nature stroll in the evening, dark skies for stahgazing, and the tranquility that no town can offer.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
2. Re: Accomodation

Knowing you are driving from the coast I suggest to stay Stovepipe Wells village. Our favorite in DV and also best if you are heading to Las Vegas next day.

Mumbai (Bombay...
3. Re: Accomodation

Thank you.I need more information from you.My road trip is from San Francisco along US Highway 1 then to Death Valley onto Las Vegas, Zion National Park,Grand Canyon and up north to Yosemite and ending at Lake Tahoe.My dates are 16th Oct-25th Oct.Are the days enough for all of this and can you suggest places to see and accommodation.I do not require info on Las Vegas though.

Santa Ana, CA
reviews: 13
4. Re: Accomodation

If you want to save some money there are some older and smaller rooms at Stovepipe Wells called "patio rooms". They are perfectly fine for two people but cannot accommodate a second bed, even a roll-away. There is no television in the room, either, although there is a lounge next to the office with a large TV and a computer with internet access for customers. The bathrooms are remodeled and have excellent newer furnishings.

LIke Tet14, my favorite place.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
5. Re: Accomodation

Ending at Lake Tahoe?? Are you flighing back from Reno? Is a visit Lake Tahoe set in stone? Can't you start with Yosemite and do the coast on the way to SF if you fly back from there?

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 74
6. Re: Accomodation

>> My road trip is from San Francisco along US Highway 1 then to Death Valley onto Las Vegas, Zion National Park,Grand Canyon and up north to Yosemite and ending at Lake Tahoe << Tues Oct 16 - Thursday Oct 25

I can't see how you'd fit all this in AND allow time to enjoy the destinations. Nine nights, 2,000+ miles (ending at South Lake Tahoe), roughly 11 hours between sunrise & sunset, ... too much.

Mumbai (Bombay...
7. Re: Accomodation

Can you suggest what I should drop in the itenary?Between Zion and Grand Canyon which is a must do?

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
8. Re: Accomodation

Zion-Bryce-Page (Antelope Canyons, Lake Powell, Horseshoebend, Gloen Canyon Dam) are all must visit places imo.

9. Re: Accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, August 30, 2013