We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LV to Yosemite via Death valley

London, United...
reviews: 12
LV to Yosemite via Death valley

Hi I am thinking of driving via death valley to get to Yosemite from Vegas

I am going in september 2012

The question is if to drive straight through or stop to sight see in the HEAT

What is the best route to go straight

and what is the best route if I want to do a little sightseeing

another question : is the drive trough death valley dangerous for two women alone ?

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 42
1. Re: LV to Yosemite via Death valley

Hi

No the drive is not dangerous at all. Go for it.

Strongly discourage to drive between Las Vegas and Yosemite in one day. DV is spectacular and worth many stops. If you want to do it in 2 days I suggest to stay Lone Pine about half way. Lone Pine is a cute "Main street America" Town. Maybe try Dow Villa for your stay but there are more hotels.

Take ca160 from Las Vegas to Pahrump, Bell Vista/State Line rd to Death Valley Junction and 190 into DV. First stop at Dante's View. 190 and 136 west to Lone Pine after that.

The straight route to Yosemite is us95 and 120. Never miss Death Valley though. There also are many places to stop between Lone Pine and Yosemite like Alabama Hills and Whitney Portal in Lone Pine, June lake loop north of Mammoth Lakes and Mono lake. (and many more but they will take a lot of extra time).

Tet

2. Re: LV to Yosemite via Death valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, July 20, 2013